Who We Are
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County was established just 50 years ago by a small group of committed community members right here in South Florida who shared a vision for a vibrant Jewish future. Over the past five decades, these forward-thinking members of the Palm Beach community have led our organization to become one of the leading centers for Jewish education, leadership and community in all of South Florida. Now, 50 years later, the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is taking a new step and needs your help.
Today, the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is an inspired, connected Jewish community defined by core Jewish values, flourishing gateway institutions, broad-based participation, life-long learning, as well as a steadfast safety-net of services. Further, we are focused on helping to create a secure Israel in addition to strong connections between Jewish communities here and abroad. We are a community that sustains our traditions but anticipates change. Specifically our mission is to:
- Strengthen Jewish identity by working with Jewish institutions to create opportunities for Jewish learning and Jewish experience;
- Energize our relationship with Israel by assisting in the economic development of Israel, supporting the ingathering of Jews to the historic Jewish homeland, and strengthening the bonds between the Jews of the Palm Beaches and the people, land, history and culture of Israel; and
- Meet human needs that are uniquely the obligation of the Jewish community through a network of affiliated agencies, who develop and maintain, in a Jewish framework, high-quality human services to individuals and families. Federation also helps Jews – anywhere in the world – who are persecuted, oppressed or at-risk.
What We Do
The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County’s breadth and impact is huge. Through the Federation’s own dedication to a range of programs and community groups and our mutually beneficial relationship with our partner agencies here in the U.S. and abroad, we have successfully:
- Fed our hungry neighbors, sheltered the homeless and provided job training to the unemployed.
- Developed innovative ways to use our network of partner agencies and local resources to make community dollars go further.
- Helped fund life-sustaining and life-changing programs in Israel and overseas.
- Forged a dynamic Jewish future for our youth through Israel experiences and Jewish summer camp initiatives.
Through the generous support of our donors and corporate partners, we provide comfort, support assistance and nourishment, as well as inspiration and hope.
Our story is one of shared Jewish values, including: compassion, philanthropy and responsibility. What do we do? We help the community do more, support more and be more!