Israel & Overseas
Federation’s Israel & Overseas Projects impact and enhance the lives of thousands of Jews throughout the world. Federation and its international partners – the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC), Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI) and Ethiopian National Project (ENP) – have been leading innovators of educational and community-building programs in Israel and Russia, working to enhance our relationships with our extended Jewish family worldwide, strengthening Jewish identity and meeting social, educational and welfare needs.
- Youth = PACT (and PACT Plus), Ethiopian National Project, Youth Futures
- Jewish Peoplehood = Partnership 2Gether, St. Petersburg, Emissary/Shaliach
- Identity-Building = Gesher Hai, Bonim Fellows, Young Ambassadors, Israel experiences/scholarships, travel vouchers
Israel & Overseas Projects: Building a Strong Bond With our Extended Jewish Family
Our partnership with the Tzahar Region (encompassing the Israeli cities of Tzfat, Rosh Pina and Hatzor Haglilit) develops innovative economic tourism and educational programs that benefit both sides of the ocean.
- Our Volunteer Shaliach (emissary) connects our local community youth to Israel, and is an investment that helps build an enduring love and connection between Israel and members of the Jewish community of the greater Palm Beaches.
- The Parents and Children Together (PACT) program provides educational and social service programs to Ethiopian-Israelis in Ramla, Israel and ensure that each child is in a preschool setting; PACT Plus reinforces the literacy and math skills of Ethiopian-Israelis in first through sixth grades.
- Youth Futures pairs children at-risk in Israel’s Tzahar Region with mentors (trustees) and activities to improve their self-image, help them access community resources and ensure a positive future.
- In partnership with the ENP, Federation supports after-school programming and outreach centers for middle and high school age Ethiopian-Israeli teens.
Federation supports programs that impact the lives of the young and old in St. Petersburg, Russia through:
- Medical assistance, reduced-cost medications and loans of medical equipment for children with special needs
- Hillel programs for college students
- Jewish cultural programs for families, young adults and seniors
- Summer and winter camps
- Teen Israel experiences
- Youth Groups
Click here to learn more about programs for teens:
Shaliach — Israeli Emissary
Our Shaliach/Israel Educator travels all around the greater Palm Beaches on a mission to bring Peoplehood to you! From culture to history, tradition and our long-term partnership with the Tzahar Region (comprising the cities of Tzfat, Hatzor Haglilit, and Rosh-Pina), in Israel’s north, there's something for everyone! Click here for more.
Gesher Hai (Hebrew for living bridge)
A four-week subsidized annual transformative summer program in Israel that provides an exciting journey of self-discovery, and connects our teens with their Israeli peers in social, educational, athletic and cultural activities.
Contact Jessica Stein at 561.615.4946 for more information or click here for details.
Bonim Fellows Youth Leadership Mission
A secondary Israel experience for teens in grades 10-11 who have already traveled on a previous Federation or approved program. This highly subsidized, seven-day trip provides volunteer opportunities to local teens in Tzfat, Rosh Pina and Hatzor Haglilit. Click here for more.
Twenty-two volunteer counselors and six trustees are working closely with the children, providing personal attention.Youth Futures
Teens in grades 9-12 connect with Israeli teens from Federation’s partnered communities in Israel’s Tzahar Region for a week of travel and learning in Florida.