Israel & Global Initiatives

Judaism: A Way of Leadership, A Way of Life

Last August, I attended a protest with my 13- and 17-year-old nephews. All the tents...slogans...pros and cons of myriad issues; it all got confusing very quickly. Issues included student rights, animal rights, divorced husbands who can't see their children, doctors demanding rights, environmentalism, the cost of living, and more. One thing was common to all the protest groups: each talked about taking responsibility for their own lives in Israel, a small, young country with many security problems.

My nephews came to a single conclusion: "This is our protest; they are talking about our future — the Next Generation."

This is the time of social uprising; the time for the young generation to take charge of its future. Israel and the Jewish People are again a light unto the nations. I urge everyone to sieze the opportunity to take part in making the world a better place.

Being Jewish is not just about going to temple. It's understanding that we are only 0.2% of the world's population. Still, we are in key roles, leading innovation, technology and moral issues.

For those of you who are the same age as my nephews — teenagers — join the Jewish Teen Leadership Programs!

Have a comment to share? Visit me on Facebook!

Get in Touch

The Jewish Federation of
Palm Beach County

Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Building
1 Harvard Circle, Suite 100
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Contact Us

Site Map | Terms | Privacy
Responsibilities of Providers