Featured Stories

Get to Know 2 New Executives at Federation Partner Agencies

Two Federation partners have new leadership – an exciting step
forward as we meet the growing needs of our expanding community.

At Arthur I. Meyer Jewish Academy, Maya Scwartz has been promoted to
Head of School. The Mandel Jewish Community Center of the Palm Beaches
also has a new person at the helm: Vicki Roitman has been appointed Chief Executive Officer.

Arthur I. Meyer

With more than 20 years of academic and Jewish Day School experience, Scwartz has held several senior roles during her eight years at Meyer, including Co-Principal and Head of Hebrew & Judaic Studies and most recently, Interim Head of School. As parents of two Meyer Academy alumni, Maya and her husband, Haim, know firsthand the incredible impact of the school’s world-class program.

“I am proud to lead our active and vibrant Jewish community day school into the future,” shared Scwartz. “As Head of School, my ultimate responsibility is to provide our students and teachers with an inspiring learning environment where they will explore opportunities to grow and discover their individual path, passion, and love of learning – a place where they will strengthen their identity as Jewish leaders in our community and around the world.”

To learn more about Meyer Academy, click here.

Mandel JCC

Since 1981, Roitman has worked at four JCCs around the country, including Miami, Staten Island, N.Y.; Baltimore and Kansas City. She joined Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches in 2016 as Chief Operating Officer, overseeing the operations of the Boynton Beach facility and supervising department head; over the past several months, she acted as Interim CEO and broadened her role to include management of both the Boynton Beach and Palm Beach Gardens buildings and staff.

“The JCC is my home,” said Roitman, “I am dedicated and committed to the success of the agency and its evolving impact on the community. But I won’t do it alone. I have and will continue to create partnerships with my staff, Board of Directors, local Jewish cohorts and the community to create unique opportunities to connect to Jewish life.”

For more information about Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches, click here.

Mandel JCC and Meyer Academy are partner agencies of Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County.

Get in Touch

The Jewish Federation of
Palm Beach County

Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Building
1 Harvard Circle, Suite 100
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Contact Us

Site Map | Terms | Privacy
Responsibilities of Providers