Featured Stories

From Radio Host to Guest Reader

Kevin Rolston, host of the "Kevin, Virginia & Jason Show" on Wild 95.9 in West Palm Beach, was recently a special guest reader for Acreage Pines Elementary, where he helped stress the enjoyment and importance of reading.

Students -- in grades 2-4 -- and staff alike were excited to meet Kevin and put a face to the voice they listen to and laugh with every morning.

Rolston read  "By My Brother's Side," by Ronde Barber and Tiki Barber, National Football League superstars, about the values of family, hard work and determination. A  question-and-answer session with participants followed, where the topics discussed included his career, family and interests.

"I had a great time," the father of three readers said. "I couldn't believe how quiet the kids were. For a minute I thought my reading had just put them to sleep. Much more intimidating than talking to thousands of people on the radio!"

Among the comments his visit generated:

• "Kevin was good with reading with expression."
  • "It was cool to meet Kevin."
  • "I liked the book because the brothers worked together."
  • "It was interesting because the brothers  helped each other. He read the book with emphasis."
  • "It was fun to meet a radio celebrity."
  • "I'm so happy Kevin came to our school."
  • "It was fun, and I'm happy I met a cool guy."

The special guest reading was facilitated by The Anne & Sam Klein Jewish Coalition for Literacy, part of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County's Jewish Community Relations Council. The Coalition helps improve the reading skills of public school children through volunteer Reading Partners.

Contact Sheri Siegal at (561) 242-6694 or email for more information.

Get in Touch

The Jewish Federation of
Palm Beach County

Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Building
1 Harvard Circle, Suite 100
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
Contact Us

Site Map | Terms | Privacy
Responsibilities of Providers