Hebrew Free Loans
When you need help with life's challenges, Jewish Federation is there.
Rachel lives in Palm Beach County. When she and her husband decided to split up, she found herself in a difficult position.
Now a single parent stuck with a mortgage, car payments and school bills to pay, Rachel was not sure how she could provide her teenage son David with the opportunity to visit Israel – something he'd always dreamed of doing.
That's when she applied for a Hebrew Free Loan. Jewish Federation lent her $2,500. David journeyed to Israel in a renowned teen program. He's now planning on going back to volunteer and teach English.
Rachel was able to pay back the loan after a couple of months.
What made things even easier: Federation did not charge Rachel one cent of Interest.
Sometimes, we just need a hand up – and the Hebrew Free Loan Society, a program of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, is here to help.
Interest-free loans are made to Jewish individuals and families up to a maximum of $4,000, to be repaid over three years or less.
- Basic needs (car repair or purchase, short-term emergency, rent, mortgage, utilities, childcare, medical & dental expenses, etc.)
- Opportunity loans (professional training expenses, one-time business expansion purchases)
- Special needs expenses (medical equipment, glasses, wheelchairs, etc.)
Jewish Life Loans
- Jewish life cycle events (brit milah, b'nai mitzvah, wedding, funeral, etc.)
- Synagogue membership
- Religious school, Jewish day school, Jewish preschool tuition
- Jewish summer camp and Israel experiences
Click here to learn more and to access the online loan application:
Call us at 561.242.6642 for more information.