Featured Stories

Meyer Ribbon Cutting

An historic moment. (L to R): Nehemia “Nammie” Ichilov, Meyer Academy’s Head of School, Claire Levine, lead donor, Dr. David Lickstein, President of the Meyer Academy Board of Trustees, Bill Meyer, lead donor and son of the school's namesake, and Ron Pertnoy, President of the Palm Beach Jewish Community Campus Corporation and Executive Committee member of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County

More than 100 people attended ribbon cutting ceremony for new $15 million Arthur I. Meyer Academy

Four philanthropic families donated more than $5 million to create the new academic campus in Palm Beach Gardens

PALM BEACH GARDENS, FLA. (August XX, 2014) – More than 100 local leaders, philanthropists and community members gathered on Friday, August 15, 2014, for a ribbon cutting to celebrate the opening of the brand new, 68,000-square-foot location of the Arthur I. Meyer Jewish Academy, located at 5225 Hood Road in Palm Beach Gardens. On August 20, 2014, the 40-year-old school welcomed 260 students for its inaugural school year at the new academic campus.

Following the ribbon cutting and formal hanging of the mezuzah, guests enjoyed tours of the facility and had the opportunity to place well wishes and prayers into the wall in the Israel courtyard, symbolic of what guests do at the Western Wall. Each year, the graduating 8th grade class travels for two weeks to Israel and will now deliver the notes to the Western Wall, known as the Kotel, in Jerusalem.

“My father would be proud to see his legacy carried into a new, state-of-the-art school," said William Meyer, son of the school’s namesake, Arthur I. Meyer. “Educating students in a nurturing environment based on Jewish values and focusing on intellectual, emotional and spiritual growth lives on as his vision.”

[left photo] Nehemia "nammie" Ichilov, Head of School, shakes hands with Bill Meyer, son of the school's namesake. [right photo] Cynnie List representing the List family's donation of the beautiful mezuzah that was affixed to the front door of the school during the ceremony by Rabbi Moshe Scheiner.

In addition to Meyer, speakers included Dr. David Lickstein, President of the Meyer Academy Board of Trustees; Michelle Jacobson, Meyer Academy Board of Trustees Immediate Past President; Miki Leibowitz, Meyer Academy Board of Trustees Vice President of Marketing; Nehemia “Nammie” Ichilov, Meyer Academy’s Head of School; and Beth Kigel, President and CEO of the Northern Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce.

Distinguished guests included lead donor Claire Levine; Ann Leibovit and Carol Roberts, School Founders; Senator Dave Aronberg; Eric Jablin, Vice Mayor of the City of Palm Beach Gardens; Ilan Kaufer, Vice Mayor of the Town of Jupiter; Chris Mass, Director of Membership Development at the Northern Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce, and many more.

“This ceremony marks the beginning of a new chapter in our 41-year history,” said Ichilov. “The youth that will grow and excel here have limitless potential. My role is to ensure that they are inspired and prepared with the knowledge and wisdom to take on the world.”

Get in Touch

The Jewish Federation of
Palm Beach County

4601 Community Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33417-2760
561-478-0700
Contact Us

Site Map | Terms | Privacy
Responsibilities of Providers