Ray Golden named Federation's Board Chair
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County welcomes Ray Golden as Board Chair.
Golden was installed as Board Chair at Federation’s Annual Meeting on May 13, 2015. He succeeds Arthur Loring as board chair. Read some of the key messages from Ray's speech at the Annual Meeting below:
• Decision to accept Board Chair position was based on unique impact community members can make through Federation system and partner agencies in the face of unique and emerging issues.
• Key to succeeding in our mission will be a strong relationship between lay and professional leadership.
• Federation will embrace its role as the primary fundraising body of the Jewish community, creating the resources and capacity to change the world.
• Together, our community will carry on the beauty of Jewish values and customs by providing programs that embrace any person who wants to connect to Jewish life, however they choose to do so.
• All community members can be an agent of positive change through philanthropy, commitment and participation with Federation.
More about Ray Golden
Ray and his wife, Linda, have been involved with Federation since moving to Palm Beach County nearly 20 years ago. He has chaired Federation’s Investments Committee and served on the Executive Committee. Most recently he served as chair of Mandel JCC, a partner agency of Federation.
Ray spent his 38-year business career in investment banking. During US President Gerald Ford’s administration, Ray was appointed chairman of the Federal Energy Administration’s Finance Advisory Committee, providing independent advice concerning the projected capital needs of the domestic energy industry. He has published several articles on the capital markets, public financing and leasing. He is a graduate of the Baruch School of Business and Public Administration and received a Master’s degree from the Wharton School.