Situation worsening for world's Jews
These are difficult times for the Jewish people.
• In Ukraine, violence is erupting – and our Jewish family is caught in the crossfire.
The conflict appears to be escalating with no clear end in sight for the nearly 350,000 Jews who call Ukraine their home.
• In Israel, rockets continue to threaten the daily life of millions of people.
Ceasefires are regularly broken by Hamas, and the psychological effects of the war continue haunt children, families and vulnerable populations.
• Elsewhere around the world, anti-Semitism is surging.
In Europe, Latin America and even Australia, Jews are being targeted at alarming rates. A recent report by the Anti-Defamation League finds one in four people across the globe now holds anti-Semitic views.
Now is the time to step forward and combat these pressing issues.
Donations to Federation’s 2014 Annual Campaign ensure:
- Our partners on the ground in Ukraine deliver food, medicine and vital supplies to tens of thousands of frail elderly who cannot leave their homes because of the violence. Many of these people are Holocaust survivors.
- Jews in more than 70 countries (including Ukraine) safely make Aliyah and receive the resources to begin their new life in Israel.
- Resurgences of Jewish life in at-risk communities around the world.
- Advocacy efforts in our community, as well as local and national governments.
- Maintain a strong relationship between Israel and the Jewish community of the greater Palm Beaches.