Featured Stories

Alpert Jewish Family & Children’s Service (AJFCS) celebrates National Social Workers’ Month

Federation and our partners are focused on caring for the vulnerable in our Jewish community. Locally, Federation’s partner AJFCS helps people during challenging times in their lives – often through dedicated social workers.

As March is National Social Workers’ Month, AJFCS celebrates its ability to care for the vulnerable that is only possible through the talent, compassion and dedication of social workers. The agency provides counseling for victims of domestic violence, companionship for Holocaust survivors, support for people with special needs and much more.

“I'm proud to be a social worker and be affiliated with such a talented group of social workers at AJFCS,” said Jenni Frumer, CEO of AJFCS. “Social workers are uniquely trained to understand the person's ability to adapt and adjust to their environment and situation, in order to optimize their individual goals.”

The future of social work looks bright. We have the expertise and passion to continue transforming our communities and our nation in great ways. It is of paramount importance to attract young social workers who are bright, committed and relentless in their pursuit of better standards and greater outcomes for our communities. Social workers like AJFCS’ Meredith Lee, working to help families who have a child with special needs in AJFCS’ LifePlanning Program for Persons with Disabilities.

“I decided to pursue social work as a career, years ago when both of my grandmothers became fulltime caregivers to my grandfathers,” said Meredith Lee, a social worker with AJFCS’ LifePlanning Program for Persons with Disabilities. “As I continue my career in social work, I look forward to advocating for those who are facing challenging situations.”

Visit jfcsonline.com to learn more about AJFCS’ impact on caring for the vulnerable in our community.

Get in Touch

The Jewish Federation of
Palm Beach County

4601 Community Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33417-2760
561-478-0700
Contact Us

Site Map | Terms | Privacy
Responsibilities of Providers