Featured Stories

We Didn't Wait a Single Moment...

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." -- Anne Frank

This quote by Anne Frank flawlessly illustrates the mindset of the Bonim Fellows participants: at Ben Gurion's grave, our tour give spoke about his central dream, which was for the Jewish people to act as one.

We have accomplished this; not only as Americans, but our Israeli counterparts as well. We have found a way to work together, to integrate our ideas, and what was born was something both beneficial and great.

As a team, we have demonstrated that Anne Frank was correct. As a team, we did not wait one single moment to help improve our community. We did not wait one single moment to repair what was fallen, and we did not wait one single moment to make a difference in the lives of the children who came to us for imspiration and motivation.

No matter how insignificant our jobs may have looked to anyone on the outside looking in, making a difference in the lives of the Israeli children has shown me the path to teaching young children. For the past three years I have wanted to attend Florida State University. After graduating, I planned on joining the Pease Corps, and for a while I wasn't sure where I wanted to go or do once I got there. I am now inspired. Bonim Fellows has given me the experience of a lifetime and helped me decide: I plan on going to Africa and teaching AIDS awareness or women's rights to young children in school. Participating in such a meaningful program has made me feel I can truly make a difference.

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents." -- Emile Buchwald

We are the ones who can make our children participating roles in society. The older generations have the hands of artists; we have the ability to bend and mold the lives of children around us. We may not realize it but we have the ability. I, in the eyes of our community, am an artist. I can make a difference; I have made a difference, and I will continue to make a difference!

I have been made a reader and an artist by Bonim Fellows. Thank you for this amazing experience. Thank you for accepting me and allowing me to perfect my life dream. Thank you for showing me how rewarding and amazing community service truly can be.

Bonim Fellows was the most amazing trip; the trip of a lifetime. It honestly changed who I am as a person. I know how cheesy that may sound, but it is completely true.

Knowing that I was given the chance the participate in the lives of so many young children is amazing. Knowing that I have made a difference in those lives hits perfection.

-- Michelle Haimowitz

Get in Touch

The Jewish Federation of
Palm Beach County

4601 Community Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33417-2760
561-478-0700
Contact Us

Site Map | Terms | Privacy
Responsibilities of Providers