Genocide in Darfur
In the Darfur region of Sudan, government-sponsored militias are killing, raping and torturing innocent men, women and children. Hundreds of thousands have already died and hundreds more continue to die daily. Over 2 million people have been displaced from their homes. They now live in camps without enough food, water, medical care or safety.
As Jews, we have a particular moral responsibility to speak out and take action against ethnic cleansing and genocide... Today, in Darfur, Sudan, crimes against humanity are taking place. And yet, the international community is doing little about it. We must respond while there is still time. We must save as many lives as we can.
- Send a Save Darfur e-mail message
- Educate yourself. Read about what is happening in Darfur
- Donate Money to a humanitarian aid organization like Jewish Coalition for Sudan Relief or American Jewish World Service
- Tell at least one friend, family member or co-worker about Darfur and why they should take action
- Host a parlor meeting to educate your friends
- Attend rallies in your community
- Suggest an informational program be held in your synagogue