Jewish Community Relations Council
A Voice for Israel and World Jewry
The JCRC department is our bridge to other groups, forming local partnerships to bring a better understanding of Judaism and other cultures.
The JCRC is a Voice for Israel and World Jewry. As a resource and advocate of the Jewish community, the JCRC:
- Promotes and clarifies Israel’s position by working with state and federal lawmakers, newspaper editorial boards and community leaders, as well as conducting public forums.
- Establishes relationships with foreign consulates and discusses the Jewish community’s local agency and concern on international issues.
- Works with local law enforcement to improve and enhance safety at Jewish organizations.
- Monitors federal and state legislation and lobbies for or against proposed legislation on behalf of the Jewish community.
- Sponsors meetings for interfaith groups to discuss shared issues.
- Reaches out to the community to fulfill the Jewish tradition of tikkun olam (repair of the world), feeding more than 600 needy local Jews throughout the year, and helping improve the reading skills of public school children through The Anne & Sam Klein Jewish Coalition for Literacy.
- Educates the community on contemporary Jewish issues.
Click here for the latest Hot Topics and find out how you can get involved in JCRC. Call (561) 242-6671 or email JCRC@JewishPalmBeach.org for more information on the JCRC.