What, Why & How
JEWISH RIGHT START OF THE PALM BEACHES (JRSPB)
WHAT IS IT?
* The Jewish Right Start program is a onetime incentive for Jewish families enrolling their first child into a Jewish Early Childhood Education (ECE) program of the Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County, implemented in cooperation with the Lorraine & Jack N. Friedman Commission for Jewish Education of the Palm Beaches' Department of Jewish Family Life:
* Seeded from an idea to establish a nation-wide plan to provide newborn gift incentives for Jewish ECE;
* Is based on research by former Brandeis University professor Mark Rosen that connects outreach efforts with Jewish young families to Jewish institutions in order to have a real lasting impact.
* Several years ago, Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago decided to demonstrate the importance of this "intervention" with the development of what it calls JUF Right Start.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
* The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is committed to strengthening gateways to Jewish life for young families with children.
* The Demonstrated success of the Friedman CJE's PJ Library® program with young families leads us to believe that ECE is the ideal next opportunity to engage both young children and their families.
* Jewish Right Start will be the instrument to support growing partnerships with your institutions, which are vital building blocks of Jewish life in Palm Beach County.
* The purpose of Jewish Right Start is to:
- Attract new families to your high quality Jewish ECE Programs
- Increase the number of children receiving a Jewish preschool education at your respective institutions.
- Provide a solid foundation for young children to build their Jewish identity and connect them to a community of Jewish Learning and Living.
- Allow for Jewish young families to be involved with each other early in their children's lives, cementing their involvement in Jewish life.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
* The Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County is able to provide administrative and financial resources to begin a Jewish Early Childhood Education incentive program.
* Matching funding is provided by the National Jewish Right Start Program, an initiative of the Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago, made possible by the generosity of an anonymous donor.
* Leveraging the success and work of the Friedman CJE's Jewish Family Life department and its connection to over 1000 young Jewish families.
* Jewish Right Start is a program of the Jewish Federation that is being implemented in cooperation with the Friedman CJE's Department of Family Life Education.
* Jewish Right Start operates as a licensee of the Chicago Federation's existing "JUF Right Start" Program.
* All funding available will go directly for incentives; all overhead and administration costs are being absorbed by Federation.
Jewish Federation of Palm Beach County
4601 Community Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33417